Cold weather has enabled mountains to kick snowmaking into high gear. Alex Malloy, the communications manager at Loon, says the resort started making snow last Thursday.
“With a little extra help from mother nature, with the natural snow and these really cold temps the past few days, we’ve really been able to turn it out,” she said. “The conditions have been fantastic.”
Cranmore opens on Saturday.
A number of ski areas plan to launch operations for the 2019-2020 season in the next couple of weeks. Attitash reports it’s making snow on both Attitash and Bear Peak, and fired up the system back on Nov. 8.
Ski NH’s list of opening dates include:
- Nov. 23: Cannon Mountain, Jackson XC, Waterville Valley Resort
- Nov. 27: Mount Sunapee Resort
- Nov. 29: Gunstock Mountain Resort, Great Glen Trails, Ragged Mountain
- Dec. 7: Black Mountain Ski Area, McIntyre Ski Area, Pats Peak
- Dec. 13: King Pine Ski Area, Whaleback Ski AreaDartmouth Skiway aims to open Dec. 21, and Dartmouth Cross Country is shooting for Jan. 4. Windblown Cross Country plans for a mid-December opening.
Yewwwww! We’re open for the 19/20 winter season. Come get your laps in at The Cat!
Posted by Wildcat Mountain on Friday, November 15, 2019